Monday, August 2, 2010

Jeff Reed Should Probably Shut Up

The Steelers Party Boy Kicker is at it again. This time his attacks are aimed towards the Steelers rather than bathroom paper towel dispensers. Locked in contract issues with the Steelers, he stated, "I'm not going to point anyone out or any statement out, but, yeah, I was told one thing and another thing happened. I understand business moves, but I'm not a big fan of lying." He later said, "It's one of those things, life is not really fair. I've experienced that a few times in this league."

Feel free to take a minute to digest how unbelievably idiotic that was.

When did Jeff Reed turn into Mike Vanderjagt?

This guy just can't stay sober or shut his mouth. I'm not even sure why he's still a Steeler. Talk about someone who has no respect for the Steeler tradition. Oh, and Jeff? You're making $2.8 million a year to kick a ball between two poles. Life isn't fair? What a douche. You're blessed enough to play football for the greatest organization in the league, and getting paid handsomely to do so. Life has worked out pretty well for you to this point. You should probably consult the 99% of Americans that DON'T make $2.8 million a year to figure out exactly what is fair and what isn't.

Reed is a good kicker, no doubt. But for a team that has been a magnet for tumult this off-season, why keep him? He's nothing but an cocky, loud-mouthed distraction. If I were LaMarr Woodley (who by the way, is in a contract dispute and makes 5 TIMES LESS than Reed) or any other Steeler, I surely wouldn't want this guy in the locker room.

Send him to the Raiders, he'd fit in better there.

Better yet, he should just leave football. I'm sure they've got an opening on Jersey Shore for him.


Oh yeah, and since I mentioned Mike Vanderjagt, this absolutely had to be posted. Still one of the best memories I've had as a Steeler fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment