Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Gospel According to Max- Doucheronomy 25:8



Pittsburgh didn't need any more reasons to love Max Talbot. Scoring both goals of a 2-1 win in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals will do that. In an interview with 105.9 the X radio station, he had some choice words about Alex Ovechkin. He's already an immortal icon in this city. Now he's giving us verbal treats like this.

"I just hate the guy," Talbot told Pittsburgh's 105.9 The X. "I can't lie. Sorry. Even more so for a guy like Ovechkin. Like, seriously, OK ... yeah. I don't like him. The first time I met him, let's say he didn't give the best impression to me, so better reason to hate him even more."

"Malkin knew Ovechkin and introduced me to him and the first impression wasn't great. I'm not really gonna say what happened but I'm like, 'OK, this guy is a real douche.'"

Wow. If Max Talbot thinks you're a douche, you might just be a douche. We all know that Max doesn't sugarcoat his feelings. What I want to know is what Ovechkin did to repulse Talbot so badly? Did he beat a girl? Steal Max's Primanti Brothers Capicola and Egg sandwich? Punt a kitten? Max seems the type to find something positive to say about everyone. Not Ovie though.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the NHL speak on Max's slamming of Ovechkin. Talk about how Talbot is a talented enough player himself to be spouting off about Ovechkin; Ovechkin can score more goals in a season that Talbot will in his career, blah blah blah.

To them, I say:








And the battle raged on.

Before I conclude, I must make special note of two people who left us this past week.

Kaye Cowher, the wife of former Steelers Coach Bill Cowher, who passed away from cancer late Friday at age 54. A very humble, generous woman who was a tremendous athlete in her own right, Kaye endeared herself to the Pittsburgh community through her charitable work for abused children, among others. All prayers go out to Bill and his three daughters: Meagan, Lauren and Lindsay.

And also, Penguins PA Announcer John Barbaro, who passed away yesterday also from a battle with cancer. Barbaro was the arena voice of the Penguins for 36 years. If you ever attended a Pens game during those 36 years, you will hear his voice forever. Barbaro was 65.

3 comments:

  1. Whats weird is, I thought Barbaro died in 2006. But that was just the horse.

    Fine job on this site, sir...first chance I've had to comment on it (since I usually read it on my phone during my morning constitutional, and for whatever reason it gives me trouble when I try to make a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, kind sir. You should have an outlet for your tremendous comedic talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do...its just that every time I think of something, its completely inappropriate, so I just write it on a little piece of paper and eat the paper

    ReplyDelete